Thursday, January 20, 2005

America Idol in the Air

America Idol in the Air
I’ll be honest I am NOT an American Idol fan. In fact there are very few instances I like pop music at all. 1) When at church dances when everybody is having fun dancing and singing to the over played clichés. It’s always more fun when everybody is doing it. 2) When cleaning my house and I want background noise because I miss the drama din I was always around growing up. 3) When I simply want to zone and not think b/c pop music is very conducive to brain dead activity. 4) When I am singing karaoke. karaoke is only fun when you and your friends are the ones doing it. But I think # 4 ties into #1. So there are three reasons to listen to pop music.

The only reason I ever have watched or will watch American Idol is to appease my grandmother, to have bonding moments with friends who I can talk to during the commercials (H, leah, lisa, etc.), or support someone I know who is on it. Even though this goes against most things I stand for...friends and family seem to break me sometimes.

There is a lot of talent in the world. Most people aren’t nationally famous. Take some advice be famous to the people who matter most to you.

No comments: