Tuesday, February 22, 2005

words used to describe me lately

Were these really the best words to use?

al·tru·ism
Unselfish concern for the welfare of others; selflessness.
Zoology- Instinctive cooperative behavior that is detrimental to the individual but contributes to the survival of the species.

someone described me as altruistic when I told them: I wish I could do well in my stats class becasue I know that my professor and TA work really hard to teach me how to understnad. This may have been a good word, especailly considering the second definition.

phi·lan·thro·py
The effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind, as by charitable aid or donations.
Love of humankind in general.
Something, such as an activity or institution, intended to promote human welfare.

someone said I was a philanthropist when they found out I was adopting a deaf puppy. I have always said my dogs were practically human-- I never realized so many people agreed.

not· fun·ny
not Causing laughter or amusement. Poor intentions to amuse.
Not strangely or suspiciously odd; curious.
Not tricky or deceitful.

OUCH! The people I work with at the capital said that I was "not funny." I am apprently very useful, but not funny. Personally I think that their ability to be funny means that I do a lot of work they could be doing them selves. BUt I am glad that I am not be odd, tricky or decietful. Since they think they are so funny, they appraently are-- SO THERE!

P.S. I think it might be better to have a good sense of humor than to be funny anyway.

No comments: