Monday, February 23, 2004

So it was an interesting Sunday. I could not sit still for the life of me. And normally I am really good at focusing at church, for the most part, because I really like it. But today I got hungry about 10:45 and church starts at 9:30 so you can imagine the pains in my stomach when it finally rolled around to Relief Society. I had been shaking through Sunday school and mid way through opening announcement I really felt like I was going to faint. So the young women in the 3 row in the middle stood up and excused herself in front of all the gossiping ladies and proceeded towards the exit. Not alone though, the Bishop’s wife followed me out. Kirsten, “are you ok?” they know I’ve come home from school b/c I am sick and some ladies know I am dealing with some heavy psychological issues. “yeah I am shaky I just need to eat.” The lady who suffers from diabetes understood right away how important food can be and I was ushered to my car.

The thing is I really like Relief Society and I was sad to miss what I did. But I went back with 20 min left and I loved it. I was so excited to get a Visiting teachee or teacher, get to go to enrichment, the whole ordeal. I was then approached by the Bishop’s wife again. Her daughter actually graduated from BYU in December and was actually teaching at our old High school. Sweet I thought an LDS friend in the area. Well not only and LDS friend, but a buddy to go to singles activities with. Singles wards, institute, firesides the whole bit—wait what am I saying. Is this what I really came to California for? To have to get shoved right back into the meat market? Wait I don’t know about that. I would love to help out in Young Women’s, the part I like best about being home is not worrying about the opposite sex or other people my age. Maybe I’ll just go every other week, or just to the activities so I can have a calling or something in my home ward… I don’t know I just don’t think I am ready to be put on the menu yet. Sorry all you UCLA med students your just going to have to wait. Course I’ll probably have changed my mind on that one by next week.

No comments: