Saturday, July 15, 2006

Brother=Baker, Sister=sad

There must come a time in life when everybody is confronted with their past. for good or for bad there is always some lasting lesson learned from these incidences. One encounter I had a few years ago was with an ex-best friend. We had obviously had a falling out and I had not seen him AT ALL, despite the fact that we hung out in the same crowds, for about two years. But like most things in life, it was our turn to make amends. We ran into each other; he apologized. I tried to be friends again, but we were in two totally different worlds. The lesson I learned then was the Lord blesses you even when you think the world is falling apart. Because that friendship "break up" was very hard on me at the time, but I am grateful that we stopped being friends when we did.

A few nights ago I got out an old tape that I hadn't listened to in YEARS. It was a soundtrack for a little play called Metaphasia. Yes, if you go to the link that is me singing the song "changing" at a ripe of old age of… oh maybe 13. Anyway, I was playing this for Andy and after proceeded to weep and wail. I am not kidding when I say that this must have gone on for at least two hours. It was emotional upheaval for having turned my back on something I loved so much, something that was such a huge part of my life. I left abruptly and was never involved with theater again. Ok…. well I saw some plays but my hands didn't even touch a stage again. How can some one just drop and change directions so quickly? I don't know but like all things in life you come to a point where you reconcile for the choices you have made. In to the Woods....... to be continued.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Break ups with friends are traumatic, but they're usually for the best. Girl if you miss performing that much, you need to get back to it. Truly. You are incredible.

Chester B. said...

You're a great singer, Eddie!
and an excellent performer, too!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

Elisa Beckman said...

This is horribly late, but last summer I had the opportunity to play flute in INTO THE WOODS. I'd never heard of it before then, and it's one of my favorites now!

-Elisa Fredrickson Beckman