Thursday, February 03, 2011

Normal

I don't know what to say. I feel like my life is pretty normal. I like that my life is normal. My life is do-able. Sure, sometimes things are hard, but I've been really lucky. I haven't had any horrible tragedies (knock on wood).

Tuesday I went to my nephew's birthday party. I can be very practical with gifts sometimes. I knew he needed clothes so that is what I got him. I knew a batman toy would have made him really happy, but he really has enough of those. His reaction when he opened the present:
"I don't want this. I don't want clothes." My nephew has a husky voice and the way he said it was hilarious. It was so funny, I think I might get him clothes again next year.

The other day a 1st grader came up to me and said, "I heard you got birthed." "Yes," I said, "I had a baby." He said congratulations. One of the most fun things about little kids is that they make stuff a BIG DEAL, of course, that can be a really annoying thing about kids too. Most of my students have been so excited for me to have our first child. They also love to see the pictures. It is very fun for me.

Here is new born picture of my little munchkin. She already looks so different.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I'm glad you're doing well--nice to finally get an update. That photo is sooooo cute!

Leah said...

So, I heard you got birthed. She's so gorgeous! You totally need to post more often. Love ya!